The latest milestone at the Cadogan-led 196-222 King’s Road Project sees the cladding panels arrive on site.
Cadogan is investing £92 million in the redevelopment on the 1930s icon, which began in April 2018 and is due to be completed later this year, and has also heaped praise on its partners in the project, including design team – PDP London, AKTII and HDR, quality surveyors TTPP, and Wates Group, Toureen Group and Techrete UK & Ireland for their construction work.
The completed project will feature:
- Flexible retail space, including small and larger shops on King’s Road and Chelsea Manor Street
- An improved Waitrose store
- A large pub
- An independent cinema which, once completed, will see Curzon reinstated to a 600 seat venue with improved disabled access and customer experience
- 47 new homes, including affordable and market rent properties
- A rooftop bar providing a unique view across Chelsea and beyond
- High quality office space.
During work to date 77,485 tonnes of waste has been diverted from going into landfill and 100% of the timber used has been sourced responsibly through the Forest Stewardship Council Scheme.
Watch this space for further updates as this important project heads towards completion.