- Sales in the King’s Road were down -6% in September 2023 compared to September 2022, although this is ahead of the three comparator areas. The key driver of decline in King’s Road sales was a -7% drop in Average Revenue Per Customer (ARPC) which offset a +1% rise in customers.
- On a Year-To-Date (YTD) basis, sales are down -4%, the only one of its comparators not to see growth.
- Of the four of the largest retail sectors (which together account for over 90% of sales), three saw declines in sales compared to September 2022. Fashion, the largest sector, saw a -16% decline, Health & Beauty was down -15%, Food & Drink was down -3%, while there was +22% growth in Grocery.
- Of these sectors, only Health & Beauty shows sales growth on a YTD basis (+1%).
- On a YTD basis, the share of sales to customers from Chelsea & Kensington has increased from 27% in 2022 to 29% in 2023. Over the same period, the share of sales to customers from Rest of GB has shrunk from 36% to 34%.
See the latest report here.