- December 2022 sales in Kings Road increased by +10% compared to December 2021 but were -3% below December 2019.
- The increase in overall sales compared to 2021 was driven primarily by a +6% increase in overall customer numbers.
- There was a +9% increase in Average Revenue Per Customer compared to December 2019 but an -11% fall in customer numbers.
- Fashion, the largest sector, had a rise in sales of +17% compared to December 2021, driven primarily by a 10% increase in Average Revenue Per Customer (ARPC). Sales compared to December 2019 were flat with an increase in ARPC offset by a fall in customer numbers.
- Food and Drink sales were -3% down compared to December 2021 but +3% up on December 2019, with ARPC dropping by -10% compared to 2021 and rising +11% compared to 2019.
- Compared to December 2021, Health & Beauty sales had a +26% increase and General Retail increased its sales by +13%, both driven primarily by an increase in customer numbers.
- The share of sales by catchment area did not show major differences over the months of December 2019, 2021 and 2022, but there was a slight decline in share of sales to customers from Rest of GB (35% in 2019, 34% in 2021 and 33% in 2022).
See the full Spend Data report for King’s Road for December 2022 here.