- Sales in King’s Road in April 2023 were higher than the same month in 2019 (+1%) and 2022 (+2%). While this was the strongest performance so far in 2023, King’s Road’s sales performance was weaker than Marylebone, Sloane Square, and Knightsbridge.
- Customer numbers were up +4% in April 2022, although down -1% in April 2019.
- Of the five largest retail sectors, only two sectors experienced growth compared to both April 2022 and April 2019. Household experienced the strongest sales growth (+18% vs April 2022 and +23% vs April 2019). Parallel figures for Fashion were +4% and +3%. Grocery sales shrank on both a year-on-year and year-on-2019 basis.
- Food & Drink sales shrank -5% compared to April 2022, while they increased by +9% compared to April 2019. Parallel figures for Health & Beauty were +2% and -9%.
- The trend to localisation of sales has continued. For the last 12 months, the share of sales to customers from Chelsea & Kensington averaged 26% compared to 28% in calendar year 2019. Over the same period, by contrast, the share of sales to customers from the Rest of GB decreased from 38% to 34%.
Find the full report here.